View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 11:20 PM   #2
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Saturday - continued

Pull the wiper arms; I had a bit of a scare there and thought that I might have to cut one off but it finally gave in and let go. Once the wiper arms were off next was the cowl cover. Then fender bolts. I bagged and tagged everything including the shims so that I can put it back together the way it came apart.

Drain the water and pull the fan shroud then the radiator. Speedometer cable, backup light connector off the trans. Pull the rear wiring from the clips and shove it into the open cowl area. Pulled the master cylinder from the GIANT vacuum booster.

Push it outside and grab the Bobcat again (I LOVE the Bobcat!)

No more front clip!

The third photo is the core support/grill viewed from the back - there are two pieces that you remove to use the wide radiator, pretty cool.

Also I just had to take a couple of pictures of my air cleaner mod. One of the POs had replaced the original oil bath air cleaner with a tiny 4 inch paper element POS. When we pulled the motor from the school bus (the one that donated the steering box) a few years back, it had a full size paper element air cleaner but it was for a 4 barrel. After poking around for a few minutes I made a pattern on a thin piece of wafer board and cut a ring that I silicone'd into the old base. The full size air clear sat down in it quite snug and gave me some peace of mind as well as making it look way better, at least in my opinion.

Enough for Saturday, shoved it back in to the shop and had myself an adult beverage.

-Richard
Attached Images