View Single Post
Old 10-06-2016, 11:41 PM   #274
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Glad that your rig is running so well. Cool to see pictures from the trip. I hope Mr. JK Rollover learned a lesson. Question on your tach. First of all, that overlay looks very cool. Question is, where are you going to mount it? I like the idea of a good-sized non factory tach. But our infamous steering columns that twist with the automatic gear selector are making it difficult. Where do you mount that dial?
The tach right now is bolted to the top of the dash. Currently, I don't have the dash pad bolted in though. Mine is hideous. Thinking of options to address the cracks. The permenant location is TBD, but I like it up top. In the old K5, it was on top, but over by the A-piller. Right now, it is just to the left of the corner of the hole where the center speaker would normally be.

I thought about the column, but if I mount it up high enough to be above the shift collar, it's blocking the view of the shift position. I don't like that. I won't mount it to the shift collar and have it rotate every time I move the shifter. It's probably going to stay on top, but where may depend on what I do to the pad. I've thought of a couple of ideas to possibly mount the tach directly to the a-pillar. That might happen once I figure out a bracket for it.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote