Thread: Greg's 50 Build
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 09:18 PM   #238
Root2812

Re: Greg's 50 Build

Well, I know I have some followers waiting patiently for me to get some work done. I have done a little, nothing picture worthy, like bolting things on the engine. I had mostly been playing with the Roadrunner because I had to get it ready to race. It autocrossed pretty well for a big car.

The truck project is going on the back burner again for a while. I got a new job and am moving, house went on the market Friday. Then a buddy of mine told me his grandma was selling his late grandpa's car of close to 50 years. It just so happened to be my dream car for the last 20 years (since I was 13). I quickly sold the roadrunner for some money, called in a few favors for loans, and today I bought a 1959 Corvette. I am over the moon excited. I pick it up Thursday.

This car suffered a rusty frame and got rebuilt on a used 59 corvette frame to maintain originality. The owner was in the final stretch of the frame off resto when he passed away. The car is one of 888 built in Crown sapphire (teal) and has its numbers matching drive train. The engine has been rebuilt, balanced, and blue printed and runs like new. It just had a $6000 paint job and comes with loads of new old stock chrome. It still needs a few parts but mostly just needs assembled. The car is drivable as is. The soft top is torn but it came with a new one, the original interior is all there but it has had a new dash pad installed and comes with new carpet. It even has a new stainless steel exhaust. The best part is that its a real 4 speed posi rear car! Yippie. I can drive it a few times yet this fall and spend the winter finishing it.

Sorry truck... Your turn will come....