View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 10:02 PM   #152
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustytruck50 View Post
Great read on your work! I like the C50 and C60 in those years, just as much as the C10's!
Thanks for checking it out. It's funny how my tastes have changed over the years, there was a time when I wouldn't have given the medium duty trucks a second look, now I'm obsessed with them. (I still love my 10's, 20's and 30's too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiefromwatonga View Post
Only about 30 miles. Cruise along at about 35 mph shouldn't be too bad. My DD is a 07 Toyota Tundra that is supposed to be able to tow 10,300 pounds so flat towing it should go fairly well. Might have a friend ride the parking brake in the GMC. Also good to know about the body change, Ill have to look into that. Sorry for hyjacking your thread.
Fortunately that is very close, just keep in mind that since the towed vehicle has 4 wheels and more weight it may have a mind of it's own. However, I'd be lying if i said I haven't done stuff just as sketchy if not worse. OK, I've done a lot worse and walked away, but I'm really lucky.

No hijack perceived, I'm glad to have a good dialog going. Can't wait to see your build thread once you get things going.

-Richard