View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 10:13 PM   #157
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

A test fit of the clutch rod and it popped right in and seems to work when I push the pedal. I need to replace the rubber boot that the rod runs through and it needed paint on the ground off bit so the final install has to wait for next weekend. I hit it with primer and then some top coat and set it aside to dry. Then I removed the steering column from the 68 cab and it was installed pretty much like the 89. I was pleasantly surprised to find that someone had already replaced the blinker switch with a newer one so it already has the wiring adapter installed. I stood the two columns side by side and all I need to do is swap the bracket and column to floor gasket and it will bolt right in. I haven't decided yet if I am going to paint it or not. On one hand it is black and matches the interior, however the original column was a contrasting color and I am very tempted to paint it the hammered bronze that I used on the heater assembly (as seen in the 3rd photo). What do you think?

Finally, I just have to brag a bit on my 2004 DD, she hit 300K miles on the way to work this morning!

That's all the updates for this week, more next time.

-Richard
Attached Images