View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 01:14 AM   #296
AJCK87

Re: 1963 GMC C30 panel truck

Hey Guys,

Things have been pretty quiet in McNeill, just been working on a few part here and there. I did some rust repair work on a bunch of the bed wood tie downs and I ran into a few issues with the front turn signals I put together, so I scrapped what I had and started fresh. I got some new turn signal units, 6" by 5/8" with 6 White leds for the day time runners and 6 amber leds for the turn signal, should marry up to the wiring harness a bit better. I refit the housing as well, I shaved the back and welded up some 16 gauge for a flat mounting place, had a little creative licence with the back hahaha

Now I moved onto finishing the heater system refurb. I had a look at the ducting and all the old felt is blown out and the whole thing is pretty rusty. Here's where I'm at with the resto, I pulled the duct apart and I cut out some wool felt to seal up the vent valve. I got to weld the side piece back on and clean up the cables then onto the head portion.

I'm still on the look out for some shop space up here, hopefully something comes up. Other then that, I'm just going to keep at it
Cheers,

Last edited by AJCK87; 10-19-2016 at 01:23 AM.
AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote