View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 07:22 AM   #26
Grumpy old man

Re: Barrett Jackson Las Vegas

I for one hope the prices continue to climb, Drastically would be great ! I don't buy shiny finished trucks , I buy the unfinished failed projects and rusty parts trucks no one wants , Just recently Ol rusty a 68 short bed GMC for $500.00 who has already doubled my money back in parts and I still have the truck and drive train . There still out there in running driving condition for little money and with some diligent searching can be had by even the newest newby to the truck crowd . With a basic craftsman tool box and you tube / forums / and the internet it's never been easier to slowly rebuild your dream truck AND have it be worth more as the years go by . So what if it takes you years to get it done they are a great hobby that appreciates in value faster than your 401K ! BUT if your not a hands on guy or just have more $ than sense , Please by all means available to you go out to a Barret Jackson auction and keep the prices climbing and give us regular guys a hobby that when done right has a golden parachute at the end . We're already seeing them being dragged out of old scrap yards and from under the stack of hay in barns where they have been sitting for many years ! Just a short 3 years ago when I joined this board I was buying running driving 67 short beds for $500.00 try finding one today ... I just drug 2 more 67 short beds out of my barn and into the garage to start rebuilding all it takes is time and slowly buying parts .

http://

1967 Factory short bed - Old school
'71 - 350 / 4bolt / 487 heads / Edelbrock C3BX
Muncie M-22 4 speed / Hurst Comp plus
Factory 12 bolt posi 3.73 / 255-70-15
Smoothed firewall / Factory cowl induction
Power disc brakes / power steering / 3.5-5" drop

Last edited by Grumpy old man; 10-22-2016 at 07:49 AM.
Grumpy old man is offline   Reply With Quote