View Single Post
Old 10-22-2016, 10:36 AM   #28
CUSTOM/10

Re: Barrett Jackson Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy old man View Post
I for one hope the prices continue to climb, Drastically would be great ! I don't buy shiny finished trucks , I buy the unfinished failed projects and rusty parts trucks no one wants , Just recently Ol rusty a 68 short bed GMC for $500.00 who has already doubled my money back in parts and I still have the truck and drive train . There still out there in running driving condition for little money and with some diligent searching can be had by even the newest newby to the truck crowd . With a basic craftsman tool box and you tube / forums / and the internet it's never been easier to slowly rebuild your dream truck AND have it be worth more as the years go by . So what if it takes you years to get it done they are a great hobby that appreciates in value faster than your 401K ! BUT if your not a hands on guy or just have more $ than sense , Please by all means available to you go out to a Barret Jackson auction and keep the prices climbing and give us regular guys a hobby that when done right has a golden parachute at the end . We're already seeing them being dragged out of old scrap yards and from under the stack of hay in barns where they have been sitting for many years ! Just a short 3 years ago when I joined this board I was buying running driving 67 short beds for $500.00 try finding one today ... I just drug 2 more 67 short beds out of my barn and into the garage to start rebuilding all it takes is time and slowly buying parts .

http://
In the southern and western dry & salt free states this still holds true, certainly not anything like it was 10 yrs ago though. Here in New England it's very rare to find any vintage vehicles in a salvage yard that have anything left useful on it, most in fact have been scraped for metal. If you do find something it's generally a rusted out picked over shell. 20 yrs ago you could find them but no longer. So those of us in the northern rust belt states rely on the guys in the south & west for parts or we revert to repop parts.
Most all my original GM parts came from venders & board members on this site.

Thank God I have most everything I need for my truck, because I don't want to be Grumpy Old Mans retirement plan.... "LOL"

My 72 SWB Build
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=259859

Last edited by CUSTOM/10; 10-22-2016 at 10:49 AM.
CUSTOM/10 is offline   Reply With Quote