View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 12:56 PM   #146
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Busy weekend around the house, still clearing trees that threaten the house and shop, after we had some big winds this week, I hate to think what would happen if my luck runs short so out came the Stihl... Anyway that took most of my weekend.
I did get a few things moving forward,
My son cleaned the 700 transmission, after which I installed new seals and filter. She's now ready to mate to the engine.

Put the console in first primer, and after pondering it awhile, I think I have an idea for where to mount the eLevel controller.. (more to come on that actually using the small hole in the bottom corner..

So, I had just put down the first coat of satin black on the upper dash, when my son opened the main shop door and a huge wind gust blew crap in everywhere!.. so, some redo tonight :-(
And finally, I figured I would pull together all my dash parts and construct a dash.. here is the near final result.

I wish I had a nice original speed warning bezel with no Choke label, but oh well.. All that's left is to paint the Choke delete recessed area, drill the cable hole and install it.

Lastly, I cleaned out all the misc stuff in the Burb so I can seal the wood floor in the back, and measure out how/where I want to put the subwoofer box.

Waiting on a few small items to show up, then the engine will be ready to go in and get a driveshaft measurement.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote