View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 09:49 PM   #18
special-K
Special Order

Re: Origin of the "Heavy" Half-Ton?

After '69 there were no Custom Camper/10s made. A K/20 is a 3/4 ton 4wd. They are all heavier than 1/2s, which were K/10s. Same is true in C-series. Check around the site. It''s been around for quite few years and we've been working this stuff out all along. It's not that there is never anything new to learn, happens every day, but this isn't the place to come to pull up old threads and present info as if no one here has ever looked into it or worked it through over and over again. This thread was started questioning whether there was any such thing as a "Heavy Half" in these trucks and the answer is no. One half ton could have a heavier GVW than another, but it was never a package or model with a specific designation.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote