View Single Post
Old 10-25-2016, 09:04 PM   #145
theastronaut

Re: Winter Beater Build- '66 BBW Custom Short/Fleet with Heat!

Got a little more done. Had to cut and lengthen engine side of the gas pedal assembly by 2" since the L6 version is shorter. Also had to make my own throttle linkage since the Chevelle carburetor is different from the truck style carb. The water pump pulley mount wasn't pressed onto the shaft far enough so that came back off, took the back cover off, then pressed the mount farther onto the shaft by about 1/4". Alternator is mounted with a generic Mr Gasket upper brace which I bent to mimick the original mount. Heater hoses and battery cables have been replaced and neatly routed and bundled with zip tie separators. I have the wheel spacers on now, so I was able to mount the calipers and bleed the brakes. Pitman arm is replaced and I swapped out the short sway bar mounts for the taller ones for more tie-rod clearance. Carburetor is rebuilt and installed, along with new fuel hoses.

I still need to find a radiator, figure out the distributor/points/condensor wiring, install the adjustable rear panhard bar, install a new windshield, change the voltage regulator, and get the muffler shop to bend an upper radiator tube to mimick the original hard pipe. I've ordered a clutch pivot stud and universal shock mounts to relocate the front upper mounts, they should be here tomorrow so I can finish up those areas.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote