View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 03:32 PM   #8
TKCR

Re: Anyone tried these door panels?

[QUOTE=Skunksmash;7752885]I generally don't like to buy from LMC, for various reasons. But it does look like they make the best ones short of OEM

A few questions for you:

1. Its hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like your upholstery in the panel itself, is sitting on top of the panel. On the factory panels, there is a slight recess embossed in the panel where they sort of fit down into. Granted they still stick out just a bit, but its not much. If I have to cut up the LMC panels in order to do this, I have no problem with that. I'll do it, but it would be nice not to have to.

I guess I should have said, but I don't have the OEM upholstery panel, I had to go with aftermarket. The truck never have them when I bought it several years ago.

2. Did you try to fit the factory silverado silver trim in there? If so, would it fit?

Again I didn't have the Original trim, the only thing I had was the armrest and handles. The PO had some sort of wood trim. And I also change the color of my interior. I'll,post a pic of my panel when I bought the truck.

3. Lastly, do you happen to know whether those LMC panels can be painted? Their "saddle" color just isn't close enough to the interior color that I'm putting together. Too dark. It says they are already painted and have a UV inhibitor, so I'm not sure if its a good idea to paint them with SEM. Might have to have them covered in vinyl.[/QUOTE

I believe they can be painted. That is what I did at first, then I got these from LMC. I didn't have to paint these, cause the color does work, finally.

Pic #1 original panels in the truck, although they are clearly not OEM
Pic #2 my panels that I painted with aftermarket trim from LMC. And painted armrest.
Pic #3 panels from LMC with the same trim and armrest ( from Classic Parts ).
Attached Images

TKCR is offline   Reply With Quote