View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
ck5566
Account Suspended

Re: A little problem with "A-P" member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcsr View Post
Buyer should also positively known what he's buying if it its that specific and hard to find. I might have shown up with a caliper and some measurements or at the very least had rod ends in hand to test fit because its that specific and I'm driving a long way for this. Knowing what I'm buying is very specific to 68 I would have left without it if it didn't checkout thinking he made a MISTAKE.

You show up don't match it up with what you need and take the wrong part home you should cover return costs and you should also get your cash back when its returned. If he took it off a 68 its a damn good assumption it fits 68 trucks.

I think in the end as knowledgeable as you are on the part as you state above you actually didn't know what you were buying. Even after seeing it, not checking it and knowing the thread sizes as you state above you took it anyway so don't lay all the blame on him. Your half owner in this problem as you call it.
After buying it and getting it home and in the next couple days later I THEN HAD LEARNED IN THE DIFFERENCES IN THE CENTER LINKS BEING DIFFERENT FROM ONE ANOTHER. WHEN I TRIED TO FIT THE TIE RODS ON THEN AND ONLY THEN DID I FIND OUT THAT THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE IN THEM. GUESS WHAT BY "DEFAULT NOW" I AM NOW KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE CENTER LINKS YEAR FITMENTS. TOO BAD I DIDN'T KNOW THAT WHEN I SAW THEM FOR THE FIRST TIME I WOULD HAVE PASSED ON THEM. I ALSO AM LEARNING AS I GO, TOO BAD I WAS LIED TO ABOUT THE PARTS YEAR FITMENT. In realty the Owner of the parts for sale is the one that should know what he is selling. It has been a shame that I trusted some one like him. He advertised it as for a 68 C10 and it ended up being only for the 71-72 C10's. Weather or not if I did have a tie rod in hand to match to it I was going on his word when he stated it was for a 68 C10 and if I did walk away because it was wrongly stated in what it was I would still be out of the time & gas invested in the trip that in it self would get most people upset. EVERY BODY PLEASE GO BACK & READ THE ORIGINAL THREAD TO MAKE A JUDGEMENT HERE. Here it is "Porterbuilt Prep Sale- Stock Frame & Suspension Parts"