View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #117
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

I then finished getting the exhaust together. Won't win any ridler awards but hey its exhaust and it is my 1st attempt.

The headers are LS headers from Racing innovation & Supply off ebay, the pipes are the steel hotrod exhaust kit from Speedway, the H-pipe is from Summit Racing, and the mufflers are Hooker Aerochambers.

I think i'm going to clamp the mufflers and go with turndowns in front of the axle. I was thinking of going out the side of the running boards but I decided to save myself an afternoon and just go with the turndowns. I'm also clamping for now because I don't have the driveshaft yet and with the 8.8 it will be offset , so just in case...

Also I might have just gotten real lucky and saved myself $500! I've been looking at the space where the OEM compressor would go and i'm thinking it might have unintentionally mounted my engine high enough to fit it in. So since my block didn't come with one, asked my BiL if he was using his in his swap and he said no and would bring it over...and voila! Winner winner chicken dinner! It's going to be tight and still might not work but at face value it fits!

So next steps are to finally get the fuel lines sorted out, probably then get the cab back on and get the brake pedals and hydroboost sorted out. I'll just keep choppin' wood.

Stay tuned...
Attached Images