View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #1397
holgar

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

This was incorrect after seeing the truck
Quote:
she's sending me the VIN - the PID is gone from the GB.

The truck was very nice inside but with some rust. The nicest/cleanest dash I've seen. It was used to run back/forth to the dump and I'm not sure the engine was ever taken care of (original, had a mouse nest in glove box and on top of carb).

Quote:
Don't know what your budget is but you would never get the truck your looking at to the level of this one in Portland
The budget is <$3000 for a truck that needs work, but not a complete frame off restoration (as I'll be doing it myself). Ideally, it has the usual issues - spots of rust, some dents, a carb that needs rebuilding, paint, new seat, general interior redo (removing the hack job radios, etc).

Not afraid of welding, sanding, grinding, electrical, etc - just never done engines outside of engineering school 13 years ago. Want a truck that can get me the 10 mile round trip to Central Welding, Home Depot, etc while still having many weekend projects over the next years to have a nice truck for the next 30 years (I don't want to just buy a truck... won't learn anything and where's the fun in that )

https://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5852377165.html

Another possibility. My guess is that it needs an engine replacement... I won't be able to handle that but for the right price - it may fit in my budget considering the cost of basic crate engines.