View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 01:25 PM   #844
robnolimit

Re: No Limit's "K-10"

I was looking for some info over the weekend, and found it on this thread. As I was looking around, I had a chance to think back about this project. The Truck has been campaigned now for five years, and we just finished the fifth season with Good-Guys, SCCA, and the USCA. So, here are some thoughts and info.

When the truck came out, it was a game changer. Unfortunately, it was never covered by the larger 'truck' magazines. Years ago I had called them out for "selling" tech space on a pay for play bases, only to favored advertisers, and none of the editors had the stones to cover it anyway, against the Add sales wishes. Again, I think they did the "Truckin" community a dis-service. Thank god for the interweb and sites like this to
get the news out.

I wish we were better at video, and editing and loading. We do have a ton of video, just never got it loaded, but I think I'm going to make that a winter project. Some of the testing video and stuff we learned is pretty cool.

The HellBoy has been more successful than I ever dreamed. I'd like to say that it's never been beat, but that's not 100% true. It has been beat by a few very fast cars, and on one occasion, a truck ended up finishing better than us. That was in Columbus at the Good-Guys sponsor shootout. We were the fastest qualifier but got bumped in the second round by Brian Finch (Camaro), and Brad Coomer driving Trent Summer's "#9" C10 (with No Limit suspenion) got around Kyle Tucker for the win. So, this was not a heads up, or fastest lap type of race, but the Black C10 did finish better than the HellBoy that day. That is the only time a truck of any kind has bested the HellBoy.

In five years we have racked up the following:
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Good-Guys Pro Class Truck National Champion
2013 Good-Guys Pro Class National Champion
2012, 2013, 2014 OUSCI competitor, top finish of 15th, the highest placement of any truck ever.
Four USCA class wins
Three "Truckin Throwdown wins (then we were outlawed) HAHAHA
Fourteen SCCA Cam-T wins
and many many more.

This last year was the toughest yet. The cars are getting faster, and we may have to step things up a bit. More competitive trucks are being built, and as of yet, no one is close, but they are coming, and we want to stay ahead. I'll try to keep you all posted as to what's going on, and thanks for all the interest and support.
2011 Truckin' Throwdown Champion
GoodGuys 2010 National Champion

Proud to put our products up against all others!
robnolimit is offline   Reply With Quote