View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 11:29 AM   #1
Nomadicflyer

72 C20 Miss Olive

I've jumped into the deep end. Some days I'm head above, some days I'm head under. I figured I'll keep thrashing until I learn some style and grace. Or drown trying! With the motivation and skillset I see available on these boards, I'm hoping for style and grace, with an assist from new friends.

I've had this grunt of a truck forever. For most of her life, she's lived in the desert. Recently relocated to Omaha, I was in for a crash course in cancer treatment! Miss Olive (as my wife has named her) is a 1972 C20 350 4 bbl long bed, fleet side, pull-anything workhorse that has served me well for decades. She deserves a new coat of everything, and while I haven't taken enough pictures, I'll share the ones I have taken.

I've surpassed my skillset and experience long ago on this project. I've been in learn/watch/do/correct/repeat cycle for a while. Lurking here has helped quite a bit, and I'm hoping that starting a build page will motivate me to keep up the pace.

All helpful suggestions are welcome, experiences and mistakes are sought for!

The mission: remove the bits of corrosion that she's picked up over the past two years in Omaha, give her a heavy dose of primer/color/clear and fix a few things along the way. I'm in the middle of a transfer, so the driveline and frame will have to wait until later.

Kevin
Nomadicflyer is offline   Reply With Quote