View Single Post
Old 11-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #1411
OldSchoolGirl

Re: Post Your Craigslist Finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by holgar View Post
Total newbie as well... Welcome! This forum is great.

My advice after seeing a lot online and then in person is... it looks 1000x better online. Body panels will look straight, rust will look limited and then in person you wonder if it's the same truck! If you can't go in person, it may be worth having an independent mobile mechanic check it out and send you a detailed report.

For a budget of 8K, I'd think you could find a decent higher trim level K series truck (with power steering, disc brakes, etc). Even a roller for $4k that you need to drop an engine in would be within $8k. And always ask for the PID on the inside of the glove box door, if available. It'll tell you a ton of info on the truck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 Super View Post
Welcome to the board! It's hard to buy anything based on pictures, but it's done quite often. I bought a 72 4x4 out of Washington state a few years back( I am in Maryland as well) I got pictures of everything I wanted to see and I had a member look at it for me as well.

Good luck on your hunt!
Ray

Thanks for the warm welcome, and the encouragement from another Marylander. I think I'm going to keep looking, see if I cant find a better 4x4 within the budget. I'm really enjoying this forum.