View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #15
trailcarnage

Re: Newb Transmission Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdub2010 View Post
Probably best to keep it the 700r4. Get it rebuilt with standard upgrades. Have the shop check the tv cable adjustment. If you change the trans you'll have driveshaft changes as well as a controller if you go for a 4l80e. It should be fine since your not racing or towing, besides with the lack of gas stations up near you Id keep the overdrive and add a second tank. Transmission that end up in the bed of the truck are pulled for a reason, vast majority are just cores.

Is the listing in Pelkie a junk yard. looks like a lot of vehicles on the property, seen ads before but never stopped.

I did a little research about how to properly install a TV cable. This one was not. It is mounted in a straight line pull to the throttle linkage vs being mounted on a cam. I has been run like this for many years so I an sure that there is no way to improve the adjustment.

Yes, the place in Pelkie is a junk yard. Well, it's an old farm occupied by an old fellow that collects cars and parts them out. I've purchased some bits from him over the years and have found him to be good to work with.

X2 one the second tank! It's 3-5 gallons with this pig between fuel stations around here.
trailcarnage is offline   Reply With Quote