looks sweet.
Thanks 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69CST-V View Post
Looks great!!
Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Hopefully you will get a welder. What are you going to do with your rear inner wheel tubs?
Doug - I'm planning on trimming off where they mount to the sides and add metal back to reshape. this will allow me to raise them up as well to create more room for 22's. I have an idea on the body wheel wheel how to create more room to layout over 22's but more planning is needed to determine if this will work before I share with you. 😁
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
If your looking for a mig the Miller Matic series are really awesome!
You set the welder to "auto" select the size wire (I use .023) so it does not ball up on you and leaves flatter welds. select the metal gauge and your welding!
They also have the option to go manual so you can play around with your own settings.
Just one Man's opinion!
As for a welding Helmet if your looking for one the Optrel Helmet is a really nice hood I bought one awhile back they are the lightest in the industry and have an HD viewing lens the grind mode is on the outside so you dont have to take the hood off to change.

Again just my Opinion, I do a ton of welding and have used numerous hoods over the years and wouldn't go back to a different kind.

Mark...
Thanks Mark, opinions are always welcome. I borrowed a Millermatic for years from a friend. I'm not the best at welding so any tools that help would be great.. which size would you recommend for a home shop. I have 220. I will use it for body work and light frame work but I want one to handle bigger stuff as my skills improve but nothing too crazy....
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper71 View Post
The Optrel.
I have a decent helmet. The one pictured looks cool, like something from Starwars....

Thanks everyone!!

1948 Chevy Truck - Finished SOLD!!

1953 Chevy Suburban "Family Truckster" Completed: Spring of 2021
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605484

1994 4x4 Blazer - "Field Find"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...ferrerid=30857
youngrodder is offline   Reply With Quote