Thread: 28 Model A
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 01:13 AM   #4
Desperado454

Re: 28 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
Looking like a really cool toy again. This thing is gonna rock.
Thanks Bomp! Sure hope so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokin4AReason View Post
nice build ...
Thanks man!

Getting behind on updates again, but i'll post what I have pics of for now. Next step was to tackle the rust on the cowl parts and finish roughing out the roof. Got a little bit ahead of myself so here's a pic of the cowl side with the rusty piece I cut off laid on top for a before effect:

And here's the after:

Bottom sides of the tank had to be fixed as well but alas, no pics of that.

Here's the quarter window part of the roof finally filled in:

Forget the reason, but ended up outside when I was doing some rough body work on the roof. Turned out to be an awesome day though so it was all good. Pic of the action:

Later that night I sprayed it all down with some epoxy. Here's a pic of everything ready to paint:

And here's a few pics of it all back on the car:

Seemed like the time to reinstall the wood, so I channeled my best Norm Abram and set out to put a finish on the pieces. I was overwhelmed with selection of finishes at home depot, but I knew i wanted something tough so I settled on the can that had the skull and crossbones on it. Went on pretty good:

Installed:

Not sure if I put up a pic but when i bought the headlights they were painted an unfortunate shade of brown. With a bit of paint stripper and some time on the buffer they came up awesome!

This is the last pic I have right now. I was so close to having a custom rad made but I picked this old circle track radiator for nothing. The core is the perfect size but the tanks are way off. Figured I'd try to make it work:

More to come!

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote