View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 02:22 AM   #13
56hotrodred

Re: 56 task force on 80 1/2 ton frame pictures

Look at what just showed up!!!

Rebuilt Chevy 12 bolt truck differential that came with the frame.

The shop was not able to install the 3:42 Tru Trac in this housing so we went with an Eaton 3:42 limited slip. Still not a bad option!

Makes me want to get my frame primed/painted quickly as the parts are building up... Let the build begin...

I am not real happy with the paint job on the housing so I have been lightly sanding and will be touching it up with some stuff I already have. Too many runs with thin coverage in a few spots. Easy touch up prior to final install.

I also have the leaf springs cleaned with new centre bolts and u bolts/nuts. I did a fair bit of research about painting the leaf springs and have decided to bolt them together and then paint. Lots of [mis] information out there with people doing all sorts of things but an "old spring guy" said just grind edges so they don't rub adjacent spring, put back together and then paint "if I have to". So thats what I am going to do. They are most of the old leaf spring set with 2 or 3 leaves removed from each side so I don't know how they are going to act. I got it to sit at good level with box, fuel tank and similar weight so we will see. I also put lowering shackles and drop spindles on front!

Anyway it is warming up tomorrow so I should be able to start painting frame and other parts with doors open a bit and fans.
Attached Images

Last edited by 56hotrodred; 11-19-2016 at 02:45 AM.
56hotrodred is offline   Reply With Quote