View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 12:02 AM   #183
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Now that I had spent the day doing “a ten-minute job” it was time to head out for the afternoon hunt. About 4:30 I saw this:

Name:  Deer.jpg
Views: 992
Size:  77.7 KB

Our area has historically had small deer with small antlers and I was so shocked that I about had a heart attack. I will not take a shot without knowing that it will be a quick clean kill and I did not have time to settle my nerves before he walked behind a tree and I was never able to get the shot in. Oh well, maybe there will be another chance before the season ends.

That night I spent a couple of hours looking at the butcher job I’d done on the firewall and thinking about just what to do next. The cab is on the truck and has all the insulation inside so I can’t weld a patch in. I really don’t like just screwing stuff on with sheet metal screws but that was going to have to do. Maybe someday If I ever build an extended cab or crew cab I’ll really stop and do it right, but once again this is a ranch truck. I just need to seal it up where it doesn’t leak or trap water and rust.

It was late and I headed to bed wondering how the election would turn out...

-Richard