View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 12:39 AM   #186
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Wednesday morning I slept in and did not hunt. I must say that when I heard the election results I was surprised. I will spare you my political leanings, let’s just say I was not very impressed with what either side had to offer up this time around.

I spent the day with my brother picking up some 2-7/8 pipe to use on the fence project that I wasn’t getting done because of the rain. Oh, did I forget to mention that IT WAS STILL RAINING! Don’t get me wrong, I’m in agriculture and rain is a blessing, but 5 days straight rain while I’m on vacation from my day job that supports my ranching habit… let’s just leave it at I was a bit frustrated at the timing. That afternoon I sawed a piece of roof panel out of an old suburban that my brother had parted out but I did not get to work on the patch until that night.

Name:  zz.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  23.2 KB

Finally started working on the patch about 10:00 PM. I traced the pattern on to the metal.

Name:  DB.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  26.1 KBName:  DC.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  26.6 KB

Then I made my cuts and put the bend in it to match the firewall. After verifying that it kind of fit I rounded off all of the edges with the grinder took it to the wire wheel and scuffed off all of the paint on the side that would be facing out.

Name:  DD.jpg
Views: 927
Size:  90.4 KBName:  DE.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  36.5 KB

Out of room for pictures, to be continued...

-Richard