Thread: !/2 way done!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 03:41 PM   #4
LT1 Burb

Re: !/2 way done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTFUN View Post
I love it. This is pictures of mine recently painted for comparison. It appears in your pictures to me that your paint color is by far a more correct original darker saddle. Was this the PPG brand paint formulated mixed base/ clear? What color sealer was used under the base? My 66 was shot with PPG base clear and was their formulated mixture off the 66 paint chart. I still would call mine more of a lighter gold poly than I remember the original saddle gold trucks. With the quality of paint today and the clearcoat,these trucks just have a show stopping bling to the paint the factory trucks just never had. Yours just looks darker and richer in the photos just like those OEM saddle trucks that I remember when new. GREAT JOB! I just love it.
Mark
Mark, I think the color is very close to yours, it looks darker in the pics. It was light grey primer under the base and we used Sikkens, it has about 5 coats of clear on it so in a couple of months I may get it wet sanded to look like a mirror. I like yours and will be happy when it's twin is finished. Yours looks awesome.
LT1 Burb is offline   Reply With Quote