View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 02:58 PM   #8
Slammed67
Progress = 0%

Quote:
I remember a friend who had a 79 camaro in the 80's and he went through those things all the time. put in a T5 and it lasted even less. Of course he was a teenage then but the motor was still a 3502bbl. I'd look for a borg warner or muncie.
I had a saginaw 4-speed behind a 402BB and it held up just to an ocassional beating. I'm looking for a 4-speed to go in a '56 Chevy wagon behind a mildly built 350, so I'm not too worried about it not being strong enough. I'm just trying to get the car on the road on a tight budget.

Quote:
Ive got one out of a 68 elcamino but not sure it was original to it . Also got the hurst shifter to go with it. Only problem is I'm in detroit maybe too far away.
Well, I plugged in some numbers on Fedex.com (and guessed at weight and package size) and came up with about $21 to ship it fedex ground. That was assuming 60lbs in a 30x16x16 box??

So I guess it would depend on how much you want for it. Are the gears in good shape?