View Single Post
Old 12-09-2016, 11:05 PM   #336
sparkydog

Re: Porsche 944: Actually there is a substitute

Since my last update I have been designing, fabbing, starting over, yada yada on the transmission mount brackets. They are finally the way I want them and I will post pics after I get them painted and installed. But once I finally had them finished I decided to jump over to something "fun" like the clutch & brake pedal assembly.

I had a basic choice: use the 944 pedal assembly as the basis for my car or use the Camaro pedal assembly. In the picture you can see that they are significantly different. The 944 pedal guts are straddling the steering column while the Camaro guts are set off to the left side of the column. After a lot of gawking at them I ultimately decided I would use the Camaro guts. So I shaved off the gas pedal branch of the bracket and also the clutch master cylinder bracket so that what remained of the guts would be the portion I had to locate up inside the 944 firewall.

It's hard to describe how many variables are involved with trying to decide where to locate the pedal assy in 3D space but (at least for me) it was a real brain strain. I eventually picked my location on the firewall and drilled the mounting holes. It was almost a home run. But there were a couple of minor clearance issues - the biggest was that the brake master cylinder was just barely above the surface of the hood.
Attached Images

sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote