View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 10:09 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

Re: New wheels - pics and specs

Truck looks great! You did a 3/4t right. Made it look cool, more handsome, while giving it a stronger look...as it should be with a 3/4t. If you want to sissify a truck, use a 1/2t.

If someone doesn't like black tires, what color do they like? That black wheel with dog dish caps is the look that was big back then. White spokes came along and changed that. Just about all wide steelies were used in black back then. The white with hubcaps look was very limited and only made a come back more recently. Cars used to run black wheels with baby moons before mags got so popular. It was also cheaper than buying a whole set of wheels for a quick and easy style change.

I don't like the current trend of black alloy wheels. They got it all backwards. If I run alloys I want to see some shine for my money. Steel wheels get paint or powder coat or they rust. It's the bare bones tough truck gittin' it done look (that can be refinished over and over). You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on fancy wheels you can only make out up close (being black) to have a tough truck.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote