View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 02:26 PM   #28
Coley

Re: Whats Your Truck Theme

Theme?....hmm.
I think my theme would be to get/have my truck in what would typically be 3-4 year old equivalent condition in appearance...(and I'm not too far from that now) ie: clean, straight, original (mostly), good paint, interior....and in all of that, very useable and driveable.
I do not want and I can't use a 'show' type vehicle...its just too limiting for me.
On the flip side, a pure full house 500hp power/hot rod is equally useless for me for general use.
So I need to set things up for an easy, quick ride and possible multi-use day....but no 'hard work', like gravel hauling or abusive stuff.
I wouldn't mind a minor engine build (300hp-ish....but mostly for torque and driveability around the 1500-4000 rpm range) and maybe a very minor drop in suspension (2/3 or thereabouts)...but nothing that would affect parts, steering, braking, driveability, etc....because then, apparently, the 'fart around' factor starts to roll in with troubleshooting stuff that is out of alignment, tune, clearance, scraping, fit etc.
All Good
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote