View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 10:14 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

Re: Whats Your Truck Theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coley View Post
Theme?....hmm.
I think my theme would be to get/have my truck in what would typically be 3-4 year old equivalent condition in appearance...(and I'm not too far from that now) ie: clean, straight, original (mostly), good paint, interior....and in all of that, very useable and driveable.
We are on the same page there. I've built show queens, ground thumpers, perfect originals, but when it comes down to it I just love driving these trucks. I have also been doing that for a long long time and want to keep on doing it.

When I had several trucks, both 2wd and 4wd, I had a theme for each and this '67 GMC was to be a pro-street ground pounder. Now that I'm down with just a HD '72 4wd and a little SWB '67 I want the '67 to have nothing that interferes with it being a go anywhere truck. Like I said, my vibe is era hot truck. Like one you could have seen while these trucks were still fairly current. But not so '70s, more like a truck a guy had that goes farther back with hot rodding, and this is just his truck that couldn't help but have some hot rod flowing over into it.

In that time multiple carbs were what got you more power, and I wanted either dual quads or 3 2s. Back then they ran big/littles. Also, 4.10 posi was king. Well, all that restricts my intended use, so it will have a 325hp 4bbl 327, same size rubber all around (so I can rotate), and a 3.42 posi. Also no paint job that is hard to match if a repair is needed. I probably will get a pair of 10" wheels and mount drag radials for local fun or even haul to a run and mount up for the occasion.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote