View Single Post
Old 12-13-2016, 02:15 PM   #21
71threequarterton

Re: New wheels - pics and specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
71...ton, your front sits higher than most C20's. As mentioned by others, it does have an aggressive looking stance.
Mine seems to sit lower than most C20's, even with 265/70R-17 in front (285/70R-17 rear). I attribute that to 50 year old 6 cyl springs. The disc's and A-arms were from a '76 SRW C30 with big block. I could have used those springs, but at the time feared it would sit too high for my taste.

The stance looks good and initially had to take a second look to see if it wasn't a K20.
I agree that it almost looks like a "K". I wasn't necessarily attempting to achieve that look but I definitely like it The tires that came with the truck when I bought it were labeled "16.5 x 9.5". I think they were around 28" in diameter and looked too narrow and short for my taste so I wanted to fill out the wheel well a little more. As far as I know, I have all original suspension up front. I just figured it sits a little higher because it's a C20. I pictured it would sit more like yours but it looks like it sits a little higher.

71 Chevrolet C20
94 GMC Yukon 4x4

71threequarterton is offline   Reply With Quote