View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 12:44 PM   #1602
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Saturday, December 17, 2016

This is sort of a "note to self" for future reference.

Yesterday was a bit of a bust. Took the day off work to rent a trailer to transport the frame and body to blasting/body shop, there was a communications bust between Mike and Marcos and there wasn't room at the body shop to store the cab inside! Didn'tfind out til i got there with the cab on the trailer. After phone calls, a few trips back and forth, it was decided to put it into a spare stall in one of Mike's friend's shop until Tuesday when Marcos will have the room for it.

Also, the frame wasn't QUITE ready for transport as the temporary cross member prior to the Flat Out IFS crossmember had to be removed, along with some factory brackets no longer used - parking brake, and a couple welds completed because they were inaccessible until the cab was off, etc. ANyway, the truck is fully broken down again, and the build continues.

Merry Christmas and Happiest of Holidays to all my, "Friends I Havent Met Yet" here on the forum. Best to you and yours, Dan

70 mile round trip to rent a special trailer and $75, not exactly for nothing but a lot of wasted time and the frame will be carried by forklift to the blaster as its only 2 blocks away.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote