View Single Post
Old 12-17-2016, 10:31 PM   #212
rkn463

Re: 68 C50 Looongbed pickup build

Way back on September 28th I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkn463 View Post
Next I went to reinstall the hard (steel) part of the oil cooler line that has somehow NEVER gotten it's picture taken! .......... when I pulled it off many weeks back I ever-so-carefully dropped 2 of the 4 clamps that tie the two cooler lines together directly on the floor under the motor so that I could find them again. The other two stayed on the line that that I didn't remove. My plan would have worked had I not cleaned up the floor when I last rolled the frame out for paint. I clearly remember picking up the clamps and thinking "I'll never see these again" before I put them away where I could "find them later." Searched for at least 45 minutes taking time out, every now and again, to try once again to rearrange those "bad words" in some manner that I hadn't used before. Never found the clamps. So... very... frustrated
So... Tonight I was cleaning up a bracket that connects to the master cylinder and provides a mount for the proportioning valve. I scraped off the crud and went to clean the oil off with my parts washer. I moved all the crap off the lid and opened it up and there were my oil line clamps.

-Richard