View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 08:16 AM   #20
rkn463

Re: so i went and looked at this today

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetk30 View Post
yes I have p/s but my thinking was for the 5ton military axle swap if I keep it and make a big boy toy out of it . the extra ram would help turn the 48-53" tires I would run on it . some 5ton trucks in military have a ram on the pass side to help take load off the parts I have noticed .

and yes the other truck has the flip nose option and its a factory diesel that's hade lots of stuff pillaged off it already . the flip nose hood I tilted up to see was super floppy and the truck had a lot more wear / tear than mine . would it be worth a second look and if so what would it be worth for the front nose parts ? I know the rad is gone and a lot of its brackets / mounts .

I don't mind my hood only style that much . I am working on one currently and had to get in the pass side . I unbolted the inner fender and had tons of room inside.
I'm not sure what the tilt hood and core support would bring. I do know that working on my brother's dump truck of that style, climbing up and down all day got really old. We swapped a school bus engine into his dump truck, the bus had the tilt front and the used the same radiator.

I checked the factory service manual and the steering setup that you are describing is called semi-integral and came on the 12,000 pound front axle trucks.

-Richard