View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #2540
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Christmas Day, along with Valentines and some others really get up my nose.
The whole selfish, commercial nature of them drives me to despair and into my own burrow.

So yesterday I had been invited to spend the day with Katy and her whole family etc about 8 people, but declined as I hate these days of eating and eating a doing nothing constructive.

So by 09.00 I had the grass cut and last if the leaves In the garden beds gathered and in the wheely bin.

On Christmas Eve I had spent the afternoon with my friend Darren Hardy and his dad at Unit Engineering, their engineering shop on the Isle of Sheppey, after which I popped over to mate Scott "Jabbo" for a cuppa and the harras their three dogs.

While at Darren's, we always chat cars, hotrods etc, and I tend to get to see what he is busy making or building.

He has been running a metal sign making business for some time and will make up pretty much anything you order from him.
Powedercoating service available on site too.

He always lets me rummage in his rubbish piles and the laser cut cast offs were in the scrap pile.........

I was good, only picked up a few bits.

One of the pieces (two actually) were lovely, but the result of either operator or machine error........ you go figure it out.

The "A" was AWOL.

Does it bother me?? Not a bit.

In one of the sheds, you are talking space for 6 cars easily we found this........

To be used for a bit of racing fun.

Early days.

Also found this little gem elsewhere on a shelf......

Need I say more?

Future reference.

So back to my Christmas Day

I wanted one of the signs as a rusty hanger outside the garage.

Windy, squeaky dangly.

CLICKY LINKY.

The other one I prepped, etch primered and painted and it may be headed out to a friend in the Royal Mail soon. Not sure which I prefer to be honest.

Once done, I headed over to mate Kevin and Terri's place in Maidstone for a late lunch after 2pm and had a great time.
Followed by a short visit on the way home to an old friend and her kids.

Back home I spoke to Dennis in St Louis, Missouri.

He had got a few presents, my favourite was a model made by his son of the NASCAR race truck based C10 truck he is building.

Brilliantly accurate.

Lastly, remember Kelly from Ethel's restaurant?

She sent Festive greetings via Dennis too.

My day certainly made.

Boxing Day ........ gluttony and not doing a thing.

Roll on new year
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote