View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #108
ranger danger

Re: Things that annoy: "AC Works, but"

Quote:
I just sold an item on ebay. The auction Specifically stated local pickup only in 4 different locations. I'm in northern California. I just got an email from the winning bidder asking if I could arrange shipping to Kent Wa!?!?!?
Just keeps getting better and better!! The most recent e-mail from him.
P.s. No where in the auction did it say "free shipping" and still he hasn't paid for it!

Quote:
Dear seller,
I have been busy finding shipment. I also followed your advice for wich I would like to thank you.Here is the situation:
I wanted to ship this unit internationally (Europe) after its arrival in Kent (WA). I have been looking for this product for quite a while and I thought this was my chance.
When I calculate the total door-to-door shipping costs I am reaching amounts with both Fedex and UPS of over $900,-
That is before packaging and customs and also before getting this unit fixed and running and installed at my place.

This means the total investment will be hugely exeeding economical logical limits.

I think I underestimated the shipping costs, I was thinking around $100 to 200, also when I did my bidding the advertisement on E-bay said 'free shipping' wich confused me. It was at least not pointing me towards the bitter reality of costs over $900,-.

My question:
Do you have other options of getting this unit to Europe (Sea cargo? I could drive to a port to pick it up), or do we need to make other arrangements?
Looking forward to your reply,
US Navy 1979-1983 Gunners Mate Guns (GMG)
NRA Life Member

Unrestrained Children in back seats cause Accidents.
Unrestrained Accidents in back seats cause Children.
ranger danger is offline   Reply With Quote