View Single Post
Old 12-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #1407
Advanced Design

Re: 48 Burb, bagged, 5.3, 20 year wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngrodder View Post
Steering looks great Doug. I need to get the LS mock up block back to confirm my set up clears the headers...It's nice having functional steering when pushing the truck around. Since I swapped the 20's up front I was able to hook up my steering rack links.

Marc
Thanks Marc, hopefully yours will fit OK. If my engine would have been a little higher, I think two joints would have done this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowaboynca View Post
You aren't kidding about those lights. I bought a pair at Costco a while back. Just like you said, bright but not hot. That was a big win with me as i have a ton of little ones running around.

So who's going to end up with the sweeter 'burb? You or youngrodder?
Right now, its neck and neck. I realize it's not a competition, but nice.
Yep, those lights are bright...it still freaks me out they aren't hot, so that is really good for safety. Sweeter Burb? Marc's, like I mentioned on his build, only AD on the planet with Porterbuilt drop components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
Steering looks good Doug!! Wish mine was that "easy"....
I've got a small version of that worklight, I find them really nice to work with.
Thanks Kees...easy..yeah, not bad. I ordered a small light too and it showed up today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 to Life View Post
very clean looking
Thanks 99! Looking forward to your engine updates and TCI install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
haha nice light, I got rechargeable LED shop lights for christmas so no more knocking around that old (and hot) drop light

column looks great, nice install pics!

I have a question about the upper arms, I see the slots are in the direction of force of the arms, do they ever loosen (or even not loosen) and go out of alignment?
Oh I have disliked the old drop lights since my college days and one branded my arm in a tight spot under dash. Thanks, column looks like it will work.

The slots in the upper arms are styled after the original 74 - 78 Mustang II using T bolts (serrated on bottom) to clamp the arm in place. Cater and camber obviously adjusted by loosening the T bolt and sliding. They work OK I guess as there are many out there. One came loose on my black truck once..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brake pedal assembly, booster and master cylinder are in place. The hardest hole to drill in that new firewall was the first one. Really took my time in measuring, marking and verifying and they came out dead on.

Made a little support for the end of the brake pedal assembly to tie it into the diagonal brace under the dash. Wow, I had fabricators block on that one as I stared at it and fumbled around with various ideas for 2 hours. I think the downward force of a brake apply is now spread evenly across the back of the brace.

Those little switch on magnets are really handy! Was it 99 using them last year and I ordered some?

The cross piece on top of the brace is welded solid across the back. Front side has three short welds.

Now to get the brake push rod length adjusted for the booster and master cylinder.

Thanks again to Mark - Reaper71- for the lead on this brake assembly from Speedway. Booster came from Summit and Wilwood from my friend Mike at Rutters Rod Shop.
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote