View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 01:02 PM   #49
jocko

Re: 67-72 Trucks with CAPs/TOPPERs Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrushsurfer View Post
I just purchased this 1972 Cheyenne C10 Custom Camper.
I've never seen a C10 ordered as a Custom Camper.
It was a one owner stored for years. Everything is original, including the tires. The canopy has never been removed. The wood bed is like new.
Now THAT is my kinda topper, looks great - my favorite style. Sure don't see many for sale these days, not old ones anyways. Guess most didn't hold up too well over the years of use. Would love to find one like that style though - NEARBY! Ha. Thanks for sharing.

As for C10s as Custom Campers, no, they're not common as most associated camper-duty with 3/4 ton or above, but you could order them. Below is a nice one I just saw at the Fort Worth Goodguys show a few months ago. REALLY like your truck! Original tach and AM/FM truck. Unfortunately, per your SPID, it would appear as though someone added the Custom Camper scripts to your truck, it's not a Custom Camper - no Z81 on the SPID. DF2 mirrors does not mean it's a Custom Camper. Placement of your Custom Camper scripts is correct (for a 72, below is where 69-71 had the nameplate), but a truck would only leave the factory as a Custom Camper if Z81 were on the SPID.
Attached Images

Last edited by jocko; 01-02-2017 at 01:22 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote