View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 02:42 AM   #8
mcmlxix
Collector of Projects

Re: 1967 c10 frame swap onto a 1999 Silverado frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugger6933 View Post
Good luck. I looked into it being I have tons of the 99-07 truck stuff laying around. That is the main thing i build is 99-07 Silverados and I buy quite a few for parts so it seemed like a good fit in my mind. After looking a while I determined that changing the front frame clip would be the far easiest and then use one of the aftermarket rear end "kits" to put the newer rear in the older frame if needed. The frame clip all measured out real well and it seemed to me a great way to add not only LS mounts but power rack and disc brake stuff for almost NO money. Keep in mind I do have literally tons of this stuff. Folks on here were less than supportive so to speak with only a few thinking it was a great idea in true hot rod spirit.
I still plan on trying it on my shop truck low dollar 68 Chevy build but I have many more that are higher on the list than than one.
Can you post pictures of the late model frames with measurements?
What are the differences from 2007.5 and newer frames?
What are the differences from 4x4 to 4x2?
I saw somewhere that the front frame section can be removed from the back half. If I remember correctly, it was "sleeved" into the back half...

I like the idea of rack and pinion, disc brakes and motor mounts for LSx...

D60 BIG BRAKE UPGRADE Click HERE
mcmlxix is offline   Reply With Quote