View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 09:52 PM   #4804
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: What did you do to your truck today? Chapter II

We're in the mix of a MAJOR storm and I had to use my driver. Judging by the refills, the wiper system probably hasn't been used in decades. I bought some replacements - yeah right, they're nothing but rubber with a clip and don't work. At any rate, I broke out some spare OEMs, and they fit like they're supposed to. So I ordered another two pair.

The wiper system was a bit slow, but with use it recalled its former glory. I had removed the wiper arms months ago, but since then the truck promoted from thoughts of parting it out.

In hindsight I'd have lubed the joints some. That and WD-40 the spindles where the arms attach. I dried them by hand, but WD was the ticket, plus they'd have been easier to attach.

Moral of the story is you can buy OEM refills, don't give up on these jewels, and even when chances of success are high, take the time to do it right the first time.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025