View Single Post
Old 01-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #192
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Wow, it's been a few months since I touched this thread, but y'all haven't missed anything. I was too mad at the Blazer to touch it for a while, then some family issues came up, and of course, the holidays.

I did decide to rebuild the 700-R4, and it has been pulled out and sent off. I got word that it was finished and brought to a buddy's house for him to spray it the same orange as the engine. Might as well while it is out, right?

While pulling the trans, I noticed that the script valve covers got tweaked a bit from over-tightening and are leaking down the back of the engine. I'm thinking that I will get some plain cast aluminum valve covers, paint them orange, and put some of Iron Canine's decals to retain a stock-ish look while stopping the leaks.

Unfortunately, this unexpected expense has delayed the wheels and air bags a bit more. I want to make sure I'm not finishing stuff at the last minute right before Goodguys in March at the Texas Motor Speedway (like I did for CTC), so I definately won't start that snow ball rolling until at least the end of March, maybe later.
Attached Images

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote