View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 05:46 PM   #1872
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliot949 View Post
I am SOOOO watching this Vic... we are considering building custom bumpers for "PAPA J".. It would be great to have somewhat local Chrome shop to deal with when we get to the point of Chrome Plating...
Well, Dan, this could either serve as inspiration or a warning depending on how things go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
Oh hell the bumper looks great, they won't have anything to fix when you hand it off to them for chrome.
How would you rate your experience with the eye surgery now that they have had some time to heal up, are they as good as new now?
Thanks, Brian. The best way to insure the results match my expectations is to do as much as I can myself and not depend on the shop to pick up the slack.

I'm glad I had the eye surgery. My eyes have healed up nicely, although I still have a few vision problems. Seeing things up close can be a challenge depending on the time of day. I'm getting a third replacement lens for my glasses because the prescription changes so much from week to week. I have an appointment at the end of Feb. and hope to get a final exam for a really good pair of HD spectacles. Main concern at this point is that the growth is trying to come back in the right eye. Doc's fighting it with chemo injections, so we'll see how that works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
LOL! Your work looks killer as always. I have got to take a class or something on Tig welding.
I never took welding classes, just a trick photography course.

Today I welded out the backside of the bumper and continued filing the front. I have some low spots I've been using the hammer and dolly on, but some areas will have to be built up with weld. All this filing is wearing me out, so I sneaked in a couple of easy passes with the cutoff wheel and flap disc.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote