View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 PM   #14
BrianG

Re: About to install an AAW harness, quick question

That AAW kit is an excellent kit. Two thumbs up. If I had four thumbs, I'd give it four thumbs up. I'll agree with what other's have said about taking your time and getting the proper tools. I soldered a good majority of my connections as well. I used this tool to do most of the crimps:
https://www.amazon.com/Tool-Aid-1892...re+crimper+set

It didn't always work perfectly, but usually did. Not the fault of the tool at all. I also bought a die for it to do spark plug wires. It's a pretty decent crimper once you learn to use it correctly. Luckily they give you some extra ends. I needed that for when I didn't set everything in the tool correctly. Get a good wire stripper also that will consistently strip the correct amount of insulation off.

My last bit of advice. Read, read and re-read each step. The directions aren't bad, they just don't always make sense until you figure out exactly what you are supposed to be doing in a particular step. I got confused a couple of times also, even did things wrong at first in some places. When I then figured out what was going on, it seemed to make perfect sense and things fell together really nice.

I am really pleased with how the end result of mine turned out. It was my first time doing a complete vehicle wire job and I think it looks fantastic.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote