View Single Post
Old 03-28-2001, 04:22 PM   #3
Scottri

I did a power brake conversion on my 69 GMC but not disc brakes yet. The powerbrake conversion is pretty simple. You need the booster, bracket and pedal rod assembly. All the stuff bolts right up. The only modification may be your brake lines. For discs you will need a proportioning valve but for drums you don't.
For the vacuum on the booster I just connected to the intake manifold.

To start, unbolt the master from the firewall and get it out of your way. Disconnect the manual brake pedal assembly. Install the rods to the booster and slide the new pedal rod through the firewall. Connect the booster to the bracket and connect up the pedal rod at the pedal. Make sure you have the correct rod from the master cylinder to the booster and mount the master cylinder to the booster. Connect the brake lines (rebend them or make new ones if needed). Bleed the system and go!
Good luck. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Most of the parts vendors on the board can get you the parts you need. I got mine through CPNE and got a really good deal and it all worked great!

Scott

------------------
1969 GMC 3/4 Ton Long Bed Fleetside
350, 4 speed manual, P/S, P/B, Edelbrock 1406 Carb
Beaveton / Portland Oregon

Scottri is offline   Reply With Quote