View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #23
Cape Codder

Re: How much would you buy this truck for?

I think people look at what the asking price is for these trucks at the online auctions and shoot for the sky. I know the trucks listed in the auction sites seem to be listed over and over so what the asking price is may not reflect what they actually sell for. These trucks have gone up so much in the past 5 to 10 years that it is hard to find a good one at a fair price. But if you do find a good one it is worth paying a fair price rather than buying a poor one cheap. The trouble is establishing a price fair to buyer and seller. Prices vary depending on where you are, a rust free truck in New England is worth more than one in the So. west. People buy trucks here that have had restorations and look really good but could go down hill quick if not properly done.
After looking at the add he listed I would say if the truck was not a rust bucket to start with it is probably worth what he is asking. I would give it a good inspection meaning get it up on a lift and look it over,ckeck ball joints and pull wheels to look for leaky seals and brake wear. If it is tip top mechanically I think is priced fair not cheap. It is a nice looking driver that if kept in that condition will hold it's value. For us to judge condition without crawling all around under the truck is just wrong. What would it be worth if it was restored to all original showroom condition?
Cape Codder is offline   Reply With Quote