View Single Post
Old 01-21-2017, 05:05 AM   #11
Nick_R_23

Re: Going to look at a 73-75 K5 later today

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68Timber View Post
You got a cool set of mags for $100, project truck thrown in. Post some interior pics when you can, what's shown so far appears to be pretty good.
Great way to look at it! I know I've easily gotten my money's worth in just parts alone on this thing. Hoping to keep it from a parts rig though, full verts are becoming rare enough as it is. The interior isn't *too* bad, but it definitely is packed full of crap and needs to be cleaned out. I'll be having it picked up Sunday or Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy51 View Post
For $100-you stole it. If it's too rusty to restore "easily" ie-not spending a fortune....It would be a great parts truck!
Thanks. From what I've (barely) seen of it so far, the rust isn't bad, it looks more like a little bit of body damage along the lower edges than anything. I'm not planning on restoring it, but I would eventually like to get it back into driveable condition again without dumping a whole lot into it. It might be a good rig to practice installing patch panels on, and get it back to decent shape. But yeah, for $100? Can't lose no matter what I do.
Nick_R_23 is offline   Reply With Quote