Thread: 28 Model A
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 03:25 AM   #9
Desperado454

Re: 28 Model A

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
First time I ever seen anyone make their own radiator tanks, nice work!
Thanks again man, sometimes i surprise myself when things like this actually pan out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselwrencher View Post
Very nice work! The radiator came out awesome! That had to be a great feeling having no leaks!
Oh man was it ever! So great!

So here's where i'm at:

Ive been mulling over what to do for a rear bulkhead for awhile and was pretty close to just doing a big piece of flat sheet metal with some sort of bulb seal against the quarter, but that always felt like the easy way out of the problem. What i really wanted was a 3 piece solution that not only sealed off the rear, but something that followed the shape of the body and ended at the door posts. Wasn't quite sure i could pull it off but tried anyways, and wouldn't you know it, with some help of the english knee, and the el-cheapo bead roller i just about achieved the original vision:

Then promptly primed those parts along with some pieces from the rear to round out the evening:

Pic of the rear and (the unfortunately blurry pic of) the bulkhead the following evening:

Current focus is getting the wiring done, and it has to be one of the most enjoyable parts of this project for me. Opted for an american autowire highway 15 kit which is awesome, basically a paint by numbers deal, and its quite fulfilling to have this ol ford come to life one feature at a time. Here's some pics of that:

"Step A"

In the midst:

Signs of life!:

'28 Model A Build

-Brooks
Desperado454 is offline   Reply With Quote