View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 12:01 AM   #27
sprint_9

Re: sprint_9's 72 C10 Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
Looks great between those rails!
Thanks.

Last weekend was a mixed bag, some stuff went good, others not so much.

Started out with my intake, I was able to get that finished. Took some extra time on it and moved my map sensor off of the top, and to the side on the very back. Looks better this way.

Then on the truck we started on the rear end, went to clean the inside with some brake clean and ruined the powder coat, stupid mistake, so that made the trip back to the coater and has been repaired, just have to pick it up. My powder coater has been absolutely great to work with.

After that mess we decided to try and ruin the frame while we were on a hot streak. We cut about a 1/4 inch off to allow the alternator to fit, and thankfully it worked great. Might have to do a little more grinding around the 4 wire plug but otherwise the alternator is in, and its the 140 amp.

We then decided to work on the low mount ac compressor install, after fighting that for most of the afternoon I gave up and sent the brackets back. The compressor never really fit into the brackets right, and then when we did get it situated and ran the belt, the compressor was cocked leading to a crooked belt. So I am ordering a different bracket from a different manufacture.

sprint_9 is offline   Reply With Quote