View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #749
Dan in Pasadena

Re: My long term 57 project

Just to follow up on my earlier info post, I'm going to be using the Holley HP Dominator engine control system. It's more expensive than the non-Dominator HP system (natch, what uisn't on this build) but it will also allow control the electronic transmission (4l85e in my case).

If I stay with the factory stock engine management system it will work fine. But the problem is every time I have to put the truck on the software to change the idle speed, change a shift/down shift point, change electric fan kick on/off temp (I'm using a mechanical fan, but this will apply to many others), change the engine speed for the AC coming on, etc. I will have to pay another $100 in addition to the fees for the dyno and mechanic labor.

Now in my case Mike is giving me over $500 credit off the purchase because he wants to use my truck as the pilot for him getting into tuning using it. It may be too pricey for others but i am glad to have it.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote