View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #2588
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrown50 View Post
Happy Birthday Rian
Thanks Ian, good to speak to you the other day too.

Thanks for the advice......... "Spend it.....!! "

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Happy Birthday from me too Ryan.

Thank you very much mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry64 View Post
Happy belated birthday. Two bears hugging. That lady is a keeper.
Two bears hugging indeed, I thought that was special and very sweet.

So with my chest still beating me up, not much has happened outside.
I find that if I go from hot to cold or back, I end up with a hacking cough for 10-15 minutes.
So indoors it has been, with random stuff, but nothing worth reporting.

The last two weeks have been bloody cold too, and of course I work in London by train and some walks plus waiting on platforms, and being a contractor, I cannot take time off sick as that just perfect for thenknob type in management to see when they reduce the size of teams. And with my House Ninja, the Lodger moving out this week, I am needing to keep a job and paying the mortgage even more desperately than ever.........

So going to work, this is what my car said a few days last week, along with delayed trains byup to 40 minutes, meaning I am standing around on platforms etc.....

The only benefit is a few lovely sunrises.

I did go see my GP this week on an unrelated adult type proble, but of course could not see him for my chest or back that has been killing me too, the photo explains why I think they are king sized d1cks.

Of course while I cannot go out to the garage etc, and to be honest, working in an open, uninsulated blockworkmgarage would be 90% unpleasant, there has been a lot of stuff spinning around in my head, as you will know from various questions I have asked on various forums and threads.

I probably can't afford to do any of this stuff till I have a lodger in again to help fill the hole in my wallet and mortgage payments........

But Hey-Ho.........!!!

This is how we go !!

Something I would really love to build in the style of a Rally Support vehicle that can be a parts carrier and also backup to not having a personal car (company cars don't count as they are tools with logbooks and get monitored)

If only I could find a cheap one that was mechanically sound and roadworthy, they do go badly wrong.

Thanks to Jan, "TurboDieselWeasel" for a load of information and help on this, as well and many guys on various forums.

This is certainly still viable.

The next automotive sleepless night creator was the newer Chevy S10 trucks.

Uncommon in the U.K., and not that popular here, but. I have more plentiful in Europe, especially Germany and Holland.

Here ZXRob came to the rescue from Germany as well, and as he has one too, it seemed the right guy to ask.

His thread here: http://retrorides.proboards.com/thre...chevy-s10-pick

So he shared some info with me on trucks for sale.

Now I don't know the real benefit of having a 2.2liter four versus a 4.3liter V6 other than more power is always nice.

The 2.2 must be cheaper to run, and 4.3 more fun, for me it would or should never be a daily, so consumption, unless stupidly high, is not an issue, and road tax in the U.K. Is probably the same for both too............??

I like Feetside truck more than Stepsides from a practical point of view, and in these S10 trucks the X-Tra cab or King cab is perfect as it give a bit of secure space for stuff and the occasional extra passengers.

Input on these S10 trucks appreciated.........

Any advice on longevity of the 2.2 vs 4.3 , rust, spares etc all appreciated.

This Red 2000 model King Cab Stepside 2.2 with 120ps or 90KW really appealed to me, some cosmetic damage to the paint, it just looked awesome, except a 980mile or 1600km road trip plus flights for two to fetch it would be necessary, as I would probably have to take mymate Craig along and do a one hit drive back to the UK, unless I had it ferried back here in a transporter, you don't want to break down in winter with a brand new 17 year old truck in a foreign country now do you?

Of course in a world where sh1t goes wrong, my heating died this week too, I am on bottled gas, being rural, and we can never prove it, but it is known that the delivery guys deliver half bottles or even empties in order to build up their own stock of full ones to sell on the side at mates rates etc.........

This is the second time I have had 5 weeks out of 4 x 47kg bottles.

Anyway, the house has been freezing and I left an electric heater on for Harley every day and at night I had the fire on, with her down there with e on her fluffy blanket, then charging up to bed and in the morning showering fast (thankfully I have an electric power shower in my bathroom)

Since the bottles were replaced on Thursday the boiler has been playing up too, and I had the engineer out twice, still not fully resolved but let's see what this week brings. I am at Miss Katy for the weekend and her home is always toasty and hot.

Lastly, seen outside her parents house yeaterday, Imthpught this caption kind of summed it all up, even though things seem a bit slippery right now.

Off to B&Q in a bit to buy some tools for her home, she needs pictures up etc, and I cannot be bothered carting my tools over here at weekends.

Surely every girl needs a good drill??
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote